Deploy in a local environment
The playground was created to provide an opportunity to deploy quorum-kubernetes in a local environment before attempting in a live environment (such as in the cloud or on-premise). Local deployment can be done with any local Kubernetes tool. Minikube and Rancher Desktop have been tested to work, but any complete Kubernetes solution with support for
kubectl should suffice.
- Navigate to the playground
- Ensure that your system meets the requirements specified.
- Choose your Ethereum client (Hyperledger Besu or GoQuorum):
- Choose your consensus algorithm. The playground supports Clique, Ethash (PoW), and IBFT2 for Besu, and IBFT for GoQuorum.
- Follow the instructions from the
READMEfor the chosen client and consensus algorithm folder.
Consider the following when deploying and developing with the playground:
- The playground is created specifically for developers and operators to become familiar with the deployment of Besu in a Kubernetes environment in preparation for going into a cloud or on-premise environment. Thus, it should not be deployed into a production environment.
- The playground is not a complete reflection of the
helmcharts as it does not use
Helm, but rather static or non-templated code that is deployed through
kubectl apply -f. This means that without
Helmthere's a significant amount of repeated code. This is fine for development but not ideal for a production environment.
- The playground uses static/hard-coded keys. Automatic key generation is only supported in
- As the playground is for local development, no cloud integration or lifecycle support is offered.